Saratoga, NY: Today, the National Border Patrol Council endorsed Congresswoman Elise Stefanik for re-election to Congress. The National Border Patrol Council represents 18,000 Border Patrol Agents under the Department of Homeland Security. Their members live their lives by the Border Patrol motto “Honor First,” and they promote immigration laws and policies that contribute to the security of the United States while opposing policies that restrict the sworn duties of Border Patrol Agents or put the American people at risk.
“Elise Stefanik has a proven record of protecting all those in her district and beyond. She supports the rule of law, which keeps her communities safe. Her support of the rule of law includes border security and the mission of the Border Patrol. She has worked with her fellow members of Congress to keep dangerous drugs from crossing our southwest border and from coming into your neighborhoods; her work has undoubtedly saved lives,” said Brandon Judd, President of the National Border Patrol Council. “Meanwhile, Taxin’ Tedra Cobb is on record saying she would choose to support zero funding to improve border security. She has proven to be a radical, anti-law enforcement candidate who has joined the list of Far-Left Democrats smearing federal law enforcement in her advertisements. Her policies will undoubtedly make your communities in Upstate New York much more dangerous for you and your children. Taxin’ Tedra Cobb must be defeated to protect American lives… this election in NY-21 is a matter of the safety and security of you and your family. The rule of law needs Congresswoman Elise Stefanik”
“Elise, like me, is an Upstate NY native who knows the unique challenges of securing our northern border,” said Brandon Budlong, President of the National Border Patrol Council Local 2724. “Elise works tirelessly on our behalf and has stood against dangerous policies that would threaten the safety and security of all Americans time and time again. Here in the North County, we know Taxin’ Tedra Cobb as the open-border candidate who smeared your dedicated men and women in law enforcement, who want nothing more than to keep you and your family safe. Her supporters worked to shut down events in support of those same brave and courageous police officers. But you and I know that Congresswoman Stefanik has and will always listen to your concerns about your safety and security. She will go above and beyond to ensure all law enforcement, including the Border Patrol, have the resources they need to protect your communities and our homeland to keep the American people safe.”
“As the Co-Chair of the Northern Border Caucus in Congress, I know how important it is to secure our nation’s borders and provide our brave Border Patrol with sufficient resources and staffing,” said Congresswoman Stefanik. “While my opponent has advocated for open borders and supported policies that would threaten the security at both our Northern and Southern borders, I have always stood up for the men and women who dedicate their lives to protecting our homeland.
“I am proud to have earned the endorsement of the National Border Patrol Council, and I thank their 18,000 members for recognizing my work and dedication to helping them keep us safe. Our Border Patrol Agents deserve our utmost respect and the resources they need to do their jobs, and I will continue to fight for border security every day in Congress.”
FACTS ON TAXIN’ TEDRA’S DANGEROUS POSITIONS:
- Taxin’ Tedra Cobb went ON THE RECORD in 2018 on WTNY’s Watertown Morning News Radio Show and stated that she would refuse the opportunity to increase funding for our border security and claiming all extra funding needs to go to repair the Ogdensburg’s Bridge (WATCH here).
- Elise has delivered millions of dollars in grant funding to support BOTH the Ogdensburg Bridge and also fighting to fully fund our border security.
- Elise knows that through common sense solutions and fiscal responsibility, which Taxin’ Tedra Cobb knows nothing about, it is possible to support both increased border resources and invest in these critical infrastructure projects that boost our North Country economy.
- Taxin’ Tedra Cobb has run campaign ads smearing our federal law enforcement officers (WATCH here).
- Taxin’ Tedra Cobb has called for open borders and supports sanctuary cities and drivers’ licenses for illegal immigrants.
- Taxin’s Tedra Cobbs top campaign supporters and local democrat party leadership tried to STOP a Back the Blue Rally in support of our law enforcement (READ here).
- Elise has fought hard to improve our borders, opposes sanctuary cities, and understands that giving drivers’ licenses to people who enter our country illegally is a threat to our national security.
- Elise has unwaveringly stood up for and defended our brave law enforcement officers, even as Taxin’ Tedra and her top supporters have thrown disgusting attacks at them.
PAID FOR BY ELISE FOR CONGRESS