Saratoga: Today, Taxin’ Tedra Cobb released a new veterans plan that copies and steals legislation that Congresswoman Stefanik wrote, passed, and was signed into law by President Trump in the FY18 National Defense Authorization Act. When Taxin’ Tedra isn’t stealing bills that Elise already got signed into law, she copies and steals Elise Stefanik’s legislative record that she has spent the last six years working tirelessly on for our North Country Veterans.
Taxin’ Tedra says: Expand peer-to-peer mentoring and counseling opportunities to ensure that veterans have the support they need during the transition to civilian life.
- Passed the House – H.R. 2359 – Whole Veteran Act, which will require the VA to provide Congress with information regarding their Whole Health Program, an integral component to suicide prevention efforts, ensuring all necessary tools are available to veterans for their individual mental health needs.
- Passed the House – H.R. 1812 – Vet Center Eligibility Expansion Act, which will expand the eligibility to receive counseling from VA Vet Centers to members of the National Guard and Reserves or Coast Guard who served during emergency situations.
- Passed the House – H.R. 2333 – Support for Suicide Prevention Coordinators Act, which will ensure the suicide prevention coordinators at the VA have the tools they need to provide veterans with critical mental health resources.
- Passed the House – H.R. 2372 – Veterans’ Care Quality Transparency Act, which will ensure both the VA and outside providers are offering veterans high-quality mental health and suicide prevention services through a review of their practices.
- Passed the House, cosponsor of H.R.4305 – PAWS for Veterans Therapy Act which implements a pilot program to assess the effectiveness of addressing post-deployment mental health and post-traumatic stress disorder through a method where veterans train service dogs for veterans with disabilities.
- Cosponsor of H.R.3231 – Renovate and Enhance Veterans Meeting Halls and Posts Act of 2019 this important bill will provide critical infrastructure funding for Veteran meeting halls, a key gathering place for veterans to support and communicate with each other.
PAID FOR BY ELISE FOR CONGRESS